Broxburn Ath v Tranent Conservatory Convertors Fife & Lothians Cup Final

Tranent 1 Fisher (90m)
Broxburn Ath 0

Tranent Pucka , Christie , Wojtowycz ,Todd , Kerr , J.Paterson (Murray 62m) , Miller , Hawkins , Fisher , K.Paterson ,Waters (Manson 72m) subs Smith , Fiddler , Smeaton

Referee Mr P.Stuart assistants Mr S.Wilson and Mr J.Gall fourth official Mr I.Sneddon

Broxburn started the final on the front foot and almost took the lead on two minutes when Darren Gribben headed just over from a corner . A minute later at the other end Lewis Hawkins was through one on one with Connor but the big keeper saved well . The game swung up the other end a minute later and Nicholas Locke’s ball across the box found no takers .Anderson had a shot saved on eight minutes . On fifteen minutes Kayne Paterson tried to curl one in from the left hand side of the 18 yard box but it sailed well wide right .Anderson put a ball into the box on eighteen minutes but was just to far in front of his team mates . On 20 minutes a corner into the box found the head of Alexander Miller but his header sailed over the bar . Half way through the half and Locke sent a ball into the box for Miller but the defence got there before the striker . Tranent broke up the other end and won a corner with which Alexander Christie headed over the bar from .Kayne Paterson was through on goals but Connor Wallace saved well . With ten minutes of the half remaining Anderson put a great ball into the danger area but it was cleared of the line just before Locke got to the back post .In the last five minutes of the half Anderson sent a free kick from 19 yards over the bar and Locke saw a good effort saved .
The second half started with Broxburn on the attack and Anderson sent a ball in towards Miller but the striker could not get enough on his header to cause the keeper any trouble . Tranent sent a free kick into the box on 48 minutes but the Burn defence cleared the danger . The closest to a goal came wen Anderson got down the right and sent a ball deep into the box and Kerr headed over his own bar from the goal line to clear the danger for a corner . Joe Murray sent a shot in that went just past the right hand post on the hour mark . Darren Gribben headed over from a Anderson cross on 68 minutes .Craig Purves headed over from a corner on 77minutes . Trnent were starting to get the upper hand and on 79 minutes Ben Miller shot just over the bar .On eighty minutes Alexander Christie headed over from a corner .Man of the match Kayne Paterson saw a header flash past the left hand post .The sucker punch came in the last minute of regulation time when a move broke down by Broxburn, Tranent stormed up the other end and Manson passed to KENNETH FISHER who was through on goal and slotted into the bottom right hand corner out of reach of the fully stretched Wallace to the delight of his team mates . A bitter blow for Broxburn and not a good way to finish the season .We will regroup over the close season and with new signings already in progress will be stronger next season .

Boness Utd v Broxburn Ath

Boness United 0
Broxburn Athletic 3 Cole , Anderson , Miller

Boness Utd Murphy , Gemmell , Simpson , Campbell , Hunter (Scullion 62m) ,Rua. Maclennan ,Rod McLellan (Smith 62m) , Philp , Keast , Sloan , Wright (Tierney 62m) subs Gibb , Ritchie

Referee Mr C. Whyte assistants Mr K.Lyndsay & Mr Van Der Star

Despite early pressure from the hosts it was “THE BURN ” who go through to the final . As early as the third minute Boness should have been in front when Ross Philp was through on goal but shot over the bar from the right hand side . Two minutes later Grant Gavin threw his body in the way to block a shot from 20 yards out by Martin Wright . On seven minutes Connor Wallace turned a 25 yarder round his right hand post from Roddy McLellan . With 13 minutes on the clock the hosts were awarded a free kick 25 yards out and Robert Sloan saw his shot saved well by Wallace .Broxburn’s first opportunity came in fifteen minutes when Kieron Anderson put a ball through to Michael Linton who shot wide and high as he lost his balance trying to get his shot away . That could have been costly as Boness went up the other end and Darren Cole and Connor Wallace failed to deal with a ball into the back left of the six yard box where Wallace brought down McLellan and after initially giving the advantage the referee pointed to the spot despite the ball finding it’s way into the back of the net .After protests from the home side Martin Wright stepped up to take the spot kick and Connor Wallace turned hero by diving to his right and saving well . Boness continued to create chances and Robert Sloan had a chance from a free kick on 18 minutes but his effort went just over the bar from the left hand side . Twenty minutes gone in the first half and Michael Linton put a great ball across the box but Murphy in the hosts goal cut out the danger . The opener came after 25 minutes when Alexander Miller put the ball out to Anderson who saw his attempt at goal be deflected for a corner .From the corner the ball broke out to midfield to DARREN COLE who strode forward unchallenged before firing home in of the far right post and into the net .Two minutes later Darren Cole and Darren Gribben moved the ball well before the later fired over the bar . On 38 minutes Miller saw his header flash just over the bar from a corner kick . Nicholas Locke made a good run down the right hand side before cutting in along the bye line before trying to score from an acute angle but saw his attempt bounce along the cross bar and cleared from danger .Boness thought they had equalised before the break when a ball into the box was headed goalward and with Wallace beaten Craig Purves headed clear of the line and away from danger .Boness’s chances took a blow a minute later when Michael Gemmell was sent off for a second yellow card .
The second half started with the visitors taking control and Miller could have done better but saw his shot blocked by the keeper as he went through one on one .With 50 minutes on the clock former Broxburn favourite Fraser Keast went on a run down the right but before he got his cross in Grant Gavin put in a great tackle and the ball went for a corner .A minute later at the other end Craig Scott made a great cross park pass to Darren Gribben who was clear but saw his shot blocked by Murphy .On 55 minutes Gribben thought he had scored when he saw a shot come off the corner of the post and bar with many thinking it had hit the station and came back out . Miller set up Scott on the hour mark but his shot was deflected for a corner .The same duo a minute later carved open the home defence this time Scott’s attempt went narrowly wide .Locke made a good run and pass to Anderson who’s ball to the back post was just too strong and went harmlessly out for a bye kick . The visitors doubled their lead on 62 minutes when KIERON ANDERSON set off down the right hand side and cut into the box before firing past Murphy from a tight angle .This prompted the host’s to make a triple substitution and sub Callum Smith was set up by Keast within five minutes of coming on but the big striker saw his shot go just wide of the near post on the right . Anderson got clear down the right after 71 minutes but his ball intended for Miller was just behind the big striker and the chance was gone Keast and Smith created a good chance after 72 minutes but Smith’s effort went over the bar . with fifteen minutes left Nicholas Locke put a great ball through to Anderson down the right and his ball into box was met by Alexander Miller who saw his header go just over the bar . The game was all over in 82 minutes when Kieron Anderson passed to ALEXANDER MILLER who made room inside the box before firing home into the bottom right hand corner .Connor Wallace pulled of a fantastic save near the end from a goal bound Fraser Keast header . A good performance and the prize insight, a repeat of this and we will make up from the disappointment of losing to Tranent on penalties In the East of Scotland cup .

Calum Rarity

Tranent v Broxburn Ath DJ Laing East of Scotland cup 1/4 final

Tranent 2 Miller , Fisher 4-1 penalties
Broxburn Ath 2 Miller , Gribben
Tranent Jackson , Christie , Wojowycz , Todd , Kerr , Paterson (Smith 66m) , Miller , Hawkins , Fisher , Manson , Waters , subs Fiddler , Smeaton

Referee Mr R Lee assistants Mr G Haynes ,Mr L.Hogarth
Tranent started the game on top and Stephen Manson and Ben Miller created the first chance after three minutes but the ball was cleared by the visiting defence .Two minutes later Michael Linton forced a great save from Murray Jackson who turned the ball around his right hand post for a corner . Stephen Manson should have done better on nine minutes when through on goal but Connor Wallace saved his shot and cleared the danger . Kieran Anderson put a free kick in from the left ten yards out ,it broke to Darren Cole who’s shot was blocked and cleared . Half way through the half Anderson was sent through on goal but two defenders stopped him in his tracks and cleared the ball for a corner .The opener came after 27 minutes a good ball on the edge of the box to KENNETH FISHER saw the striker make room for a shot and he curled a beauty into the top right hand corner giving Wallace no chance .Broxburn tried to get back on level terms and Alexander miller headed wide of the right hand post from a corner in from the right . With the first half coming to a close Craig Wojtowycz fired in a shot from twenty yards which Wallace could only parry away to the right and as he got to the ball Manson stuck a foot in but knocked it over the line for a bye kick before he could turn it back goalward .
Broxburn started the second half a lot better and Darren Gribben on for Scott Richards sent a good ball in from the right to Anderson but his header sailed over the bar . On 54 minutes Craig Scott fired a shot in from 25 yards which Jackson spilled but there was no visiting forwards to take advantage and the keeper gathered at the second attempt .That was to be costly as Tranent went on the attack down the right and when they got to the bye line and cut the ball across the box there was BEN MILLER tTwo minutes later the game was all square when DARREN GRIBBEN o turn the ball home from short distance .Broxburn seemed to lift the tempo after this and a minute later Alexander Miller forced a good save from Jackson .Thomas Watters had a good run into the box but saw his shot turned round the post by Wallace . Broxburn got back in the game on 74 minutes when Ryan Bapptie put a ball through to Alexander Miller who fired home into the bottom left hand corner . On the half hour mark Gribben put a ball deep into the back post where Alexander Miller headed back to the front post for Nicholas Locke whos header bounced along the bar and over . Two minutes later the game was all square when DARREN GRIBBEN gathered the ball just inside the half and ran forward before shooting from 25 yards into the goals by way of a deflection . Gribben saw a shot saved five minutes later . With no more goals the game went to the dreaded penalties . Tranent went first and Ben Miller made no mistake with a crisp penalty . Craig Scott was first for Broxburn and saw his shot come off the outside of the left hand post and away from goals .Stephen Manson was next up and made no mistake . Darren Gribben shot into the middle of the goals to open his side’s account .Player co manager Darren Smith scored the third spot kick for the hosts and Alexander Miller stepped up to the plate for the visitors but blasted his take well over the bar .That left Craig Wojtowycz to score and win the tie and set up a semi final away to Dundee North End next Saturday .We wish Tranent all the best for the remainder of the competition and hope they do well .

Broxburn Ath v Broughty Ath

Broxburn Athletic 0
Broughty Athletic 2 McLellan , McConachie

Broughty Ath Sinclair , McCunnie , Blair , McCord ( King 80m) , Myles , Suttie , McLellan , Smart (Roy 71m), McConnachie (Lannen 71m) ,Clark , Lawson . subs Ross , Fleming .

Referee Mr S.Luke assistants MrCraig M.Copland , Mr K.Boyd

With a cup tie on Saturday to come it was a chance for players not getting regular game to stake their place in the side tonight .It was Broughty Athletic who created the first opportunity when Brian Clark tested Shaun Donoghue but the keeper saved confidently .Four minutes later a good ball in from the right to Stewart McConnachie could have spelt trouble for the hosts but the striker lost his balance and Purves was able to nip in and clear the danger .McConachie and McCord created an opening but the Broxburn defence were strong and cleared the danger . Craig Scott put a good ball into the box but the defenders were equal to it . Half way through the half a good ball into the box was cleared out as far as Darren Cole who headed the ball over the bar from the edge of the box . A good ball into the box was cleared out to Scott Richards three minutes later but he saw his shot sail over from 25 yards out .Brian Clark from the visitors tried to create an opening but again the hosts defence thwarted his attempt to open the scoring . With just over half hour on the clock Ross McCord fired a rocket just scraping the bar on its way over . A couple of chances just before the break one for each side with Craig Scott cracking a 40 yard free kick off the bar and Barry Myles getting his head to a free kick to steer the ball towards goal but Donoghue saved well .
Michael Browne had a chance in the first minute of the second half but was crowded out by the brought defence and the danger was cleared . Nathan Donnelly Kay made a blistering run down the right and fired across the box but the cross was cut out by John Sinclair in the visitors goals . Craig Scott made a good run and was brought down on the edge of the box .Ryan Baptie fired his shot from the free kick into the wall and it went out for a corner . Juat after the hour mark Broughty took the lead when STEWART McCONNACHIE was sent clear into the box and as the defence tried to get back he cut inside and put the ball into the bottom left hand corner . A couple of minutes later It was 2-0 to the visitors. A long ball over the top of the defence sent PAUL McLELLAN though on goals and he scored past Donoghue from 16 yrads out . Darren Cole saw a shot deflected for a corner on 70 minutes . Craig Scott saw a good run and shot saved inside the last ten minutes . It was Broughty who finished the game on the offensive with McLellan then Roy having good chances to add to the scoreline before a good one touch move set up Charles King who saw his shot deflected . In the last minute Craig Purves saw red for a second yellow for a push on Clark as he tried to catch the forward before he had a chance to shoot .

Broxburn Ath v Hill of Beath

Broxburn Ath 0
Hill of Beath 3 Adamson (2), G.Smith

Hill of Beath Hall , Grierson , Conners , Wilson , Allan , Moffat , Adamson , Reid , G.Smith (Dick 36m), Hay , Bryce (Brown 89m) Subs Dair , B.Smith, Moran

Referee Mr E. Cairns assistants Mr R. Binnie , Mr E. McLean

Broxburn created the first opening after three minutes when a through ball to Alexander Miller gave the striker a chance but his effort was deflected for a corner .It was the visitors who took the lead on 5 minutes. CALUM ADAMSON made his way down the right and got the better of Ryan Baptie before firing past Donoghue to give his side the lead .On ten minutes Darren Cole and Nicholas Locke played good football to set up Miller who saw his shot saved as it was heading for the top corner . The corner came in and broke out to Darren Gribben who shot over the bar . The visitors punished the missed chances when going two up on 14 minutes when a corner was cleared out to the edge of the box and GREIG SMITH made room for himself before shooting through a crowded box into the net . Kieran Anderson made a good run down the left and his ball into the box went past the far right post .Darren Cole made a good forward run on 25 minutes and burst into the box but his shot was of defender standard as he shot over .Just after the half hour mark two golden opportunities for the hosts from corners with efforts cleared of the line on both occasion’s from Miller and Gribben . Good play down the park saw Miller set up Anderson but the effort went over the bar from the right hand side . Adamson almost got in again after beating Baptie to the ball Frazer Paterson deflected his effort for a corner . With a minute left of the half CALUM ADAMSUN got down the right to easy and fired home his second and his side’s third with ease .
Broxburn started the second half brightly as Anderson put a ball into Nicholas Locke but it was just too high for his team mate . Craig Scott had an effort after 50 minutes but it was too weak and Stuart Hall gathered easily . A minute later a long ball through for Alexander Miller but he was just offside .Adamson saw his effort for a hat trick blocked on 52 minutes . Darren Gribben put a ball into the box and was put over his own bar by Colin Wilson .Adamson robbed Scott in the box but saw his effort saved and cleared when he should have done better .Just after the hour mark Craig Purves made a superb tackle on Lee Bryce ,Tam Forsyth style , as the forward was about to pull the trigger . Frazer Paterson saw a shot come off the post and go out for a bye kick . On 71 minutes Anderson put a great ball into the back post where miller headed just wide of the right hand post . The visitors put a good corner into the six yard box but there were no forwards there and the ball went out at the other side for a bye kick . Ross Nimmo made a good run down the right hand side and saw his cut back smothered by Hall in the visitors goals .In the dying minutes of the game both Nimmo and Anderson had efforts but like all before did not find the back of the net .


Broxburn Ath v Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Ath 1 Locke
Bonnyrigg Rose 0

Bonnyrigg Rose Andrews , Brett , Hoskins (McIntosh 26m) , Young , Moyes , Stewart , Turner , Jamieson (Gray 80m ), McGachie , Kidd , Donaldson , subs Horne , Nelson , Orru
Referee Mr. G.Calder assistants Mr K.Boyd , Mr S Redgrave

Broxburn had the first opportunity in the match when Alexander Miller put a ball through to Nicholas Locke but it was just to strong and run away from the captain and out for a bye kick . Locke turned provider a minute later when he put a good ball deep to the back post from the right but Michael Andrews in the visitors goal just got there before Michael Browne to thwart a good chance . On eleven minutes Kieran McGachie put a good ball in towards Andrew Kidd but the later had fouled Wallace in his attempt to win the ball . Ruaridh Donaldson almost got in on goal but the Broxburn defence cleared the danger . Half way through the half Dean Brett fired a free kick into the box but the visitors could not create an opening from it . With just over half an hour gone Kieran Anderson fired in a free kick that Andrews had to be sharp to dive and turn it round his post for a corner . Kerr Young had an effort at the other end turned away for a corner .Lewis Turner had an effort saved with six minutes remaining of the half but Connor Wallace saved his effort and smothered the ball at the second attempt . A big point in the game came on forty minutes when a high ball in to the edge of the box saw Wallace come off his line and collided with McGachie and the referee pointed to the spot . Lewis Turner took the kick and Connor Wallace saved it diving to his left hand side .
In the first minute of the second half good one touch football down the right hand side saw Michael Browne fouled in the end just outside the box .Anderson took the free kick and his effort was saved . Miller made a good run down the right a couple of minutes later and his ball into the box was cut out by the keeper . At the other end a minute later a good ball into the box saw Sean Jamieson have a shot but he found the side netting .Wayne McIntosh made a good run down the left and his ball across the box found no takers and it went harmlessly past the far right hand post Just after the hour McIntosh tried a shot from 30 yards out but went way over the bar . Nicholas Locke saw a shot saved a minute later then Alexander Miller had an effort blocked and cleared . Darren Cole thought he had scored from a corner when his header crashed of the bar and was cleared from the area . With seventy minutes played Kieran McGachie fired a shot in from the right hand side of the box that was going past the far post but Wayne McIntosh stuck out his leg and put the ball in the net but was adjudged to have been offside .The goal that won the match came after 71 minutes ,NICHOLAS LOCKE gathered the ball just outside his own box and run past four challenges getting down on the right hand side edge of the opposition penalty box before looking up and firing home into the far left hand side . A minute later Kieran Anderson made room for himself and saw his shot turned around the post for a corner . With fourteen minutes left Miller got down the left and cut the ball back towards Anderson but the defence cut it out before getting to its intended target . A good ball in to McGachie so the big striker get a header away but it had no power and Frazer Paterson cleared any danger . Nicholas Locke took a sore knock when he was fouled on the edge of the box .Ryan Baptie fired the free kick over the bar from the right hand side . A good junior football match with both teams going for it from the start .Bonnyrigg were very disappointed as you can well imagine with the title now a hard ask for them but one they can still achieve as they are the best team in the league this season and will not let this setback get to them in games to come . As for ourselves we are looking to finish as high as possible and hope that injuries ease before we take on Hill of Beath on Saturday .

Broughty Ath v Broxburn Ath

Broughty ath 1 McLellan
Broxburn Ath 6 Miller(2),McNaughton , Scott , Paterson & Anderson

Referee Mr B.Dickson assistants Mr K.Higgins ,Mr M.McConnachie

Broughty Ath Ross , Blair , Fleming , Myles (Smart 82m), Suttie , McLellan , Winter , McConnachie ( Lannen 71m) , Clark , Cavanagh , Roy (Lawson 46m ) Subs Sinclair , McCord

Broxburn started this match in whirl wind fashion and a ball into the box almost produced the opener but Broughty managed to clear the danger after two minutes . It was not long before they did open the scoring when a corner in from the right was cleared back out to Baptie he sent the ball back in deep to the box and there was ALEXANDER MILLER there to head home .Before ten minutes were on the clock the visitors doubled their lead when a corner in this time from the left was met by SCOTT McNAUGHTON who turned the ball into the net from close range . Up the other end on 12 minutes a good ball in from the left was met by Barry Myles but his header went over the bar .Broxburn went straight up the other end and Miller got on the end of a good ball in to him but his attempt was turned round the left hand post . Half way through the first half and Darren Gribben sent a great ball into the back post for Miller but Ross in the home goal just got there before the striker .On the half hour mark Broughty had a free kick 30 yards out and slightly left of centre .McLellan fired in a shot that rattled of the cross bar and was then cleared away .Miller got his head to a corner with six minutes of the half remaining but it went wide left .
Broxburn increased their lead on 51 minutes when Broughty had a free kick wide right and about 40 yards out they took it short and loss of concentration let CRAIG SCOTT nip in and rob them of the ball before lobbing the stranded keeper from 30 yards out .Lawson was unlucky to see his 30 yard free kick go just wide left . Miller found himself through on the keeper but the keeper saved for a throw in .The throw in caused a bit of a scramble 25 yards out and it was FRAZER PATERSON who stuck out his leg and steered the ball into the bottom right corner of the goals . On 65 minutes a neat flick by McLellan went just over the bar .PAUL McLELLAN did get his side a goal half way through the second half when a ball played in from the right was not cleared properly it broke to him and he fired home giving Wallace no chance . Any hope that goal was to start a fight back was short lived when a Wallace bye kick was nodded forward to the on running KIERAN ANDERSON who under pressure from the defender lobbed the keeper from 30 yards out .In between Barry Myles saw a header cleared of the line with Wallace beaten . Anderson had a half chance when a ball into the box was spilled by the keeper but he recovered to smother the ball before he get his foot on the ball . Broxburn did get a sixth when Darren Cole made a good run down the right and passed the ball into the box where ALEXANDER MILLER was only four yards out and had the simplest of tasks to fire home unchallenged . The last chance of the game fell to the hosts when David Cavanagh fired in a shot but Connor Wallace turned it over the bar . A good win and way to bounce back after last week’s visit to Tayside and can look forward to our home match on Wednesday night against Bonnyrigg Rose with a 7pm kick off .

Lochee Utd v Broxburn Ath

Lochee utd 1 Deasley (pen)
Broxburn Ath 0

Lochee Utd Fotheringham , McNally , Kirk , Buchan , Whitehead , Ritchie , Montgomery ( Rollo 57m) , Lunan , Cameron , Deane ( Clarkson 22m) , Deasley , subs Blackwood , McMahon , Winter

Referee Mr Traynor assistants Miss V Robertson , Mr K.Higgins

This match was delayed 25 minutes due to home officials misplacing the team lines and the referee not starting the game until he had a proper set . The hosts were first to show when a good one two set up Kevin Buchan but he shot over .Craig Purves sent Ross Nimmo down the right and he played the ball into the box for Alexander Miller who shot past the post a minute later .Buchan raced clear on 11 minutes but should have done better when shooting early past the far left post .The same player was played through by Patrick Deane and with the keeper to beat he forced Connor Wallace to make a great save .It was the hosts that were doing all the pressing and on 17 minutes Bryan Deasley saw his 25 yard free kick saved well by Wallace then cleared .What should have been the turning point came in 21 minutes when Alexander miller was running through on goal and Mark Fotheringham in the goals came charging out and brought him down earning him a red card . Anderson saw a free kick deflected over the bar . Just past the half hour mark Anderson again put a good ball into the box but his ball was headed clear .On 35 minutes Ross Nimmo was through on goals but substitute keeper Darren Clarkson came out to block his attempt at goal . A minute later Miller put the ball into the back post from the left where Anderson headed just wide right . Nicholas Locke had two attempts blocked by the defence and finally saved .The visitors were trying to get the opening and created another chance when Nimmo set up Miller but he fired over the bar . Buchan had another good chance inside the final five minutes of the first half when a ball over the top saw him clear again and he should have done better than screw it past the post .
Lochee were on the attack early in the second half when Deasley raced clear and saw his shot saved onto the right hand post . The goal came when Grant Gavin and Deasley challenged for the ball the referee saw some kind of infringement that made him point to the spot to the bemused players and crowd inside Thomson Park . BRYAN DEASLEY took the penalty which Wallace saved but the taker was first to react and knock in the loose ball . Locke was set up by Miller a minute later but saw his shot go over the bar .Just after the hour mark Anderson put a ball in towards Miller who was stretching to get to the ball but just failed diverting the ball into the keepers arms .Douglas Cameron made Connor Wallace look lively to save his effort on 77 minutes . In the dying minutes it was disappointing to see the unsporting behavior of Kevin Buchan .With his side’s Bryan Deasley lying injured in the middle of our half they continued to play on we won the ball back and as we started to head up the park the referee stopped us to give their player treatment . The referee started the game with a bounce ball that Buchan said he would pass back to the keeper but in fact blasted the ball out the park for a throw .Most disappointing behavior and one not normally associated with Lochee Utd. A disappointing day on Tayside as we never really got into the game at all and vast improvement is needed next week at Broughty Athletic .



Follow us online