Boness Utd v Broxburn Ath



Boness United 0
Broxburn Athletic 3 Cole , Anderson , Miller

Boness Utd Murphy , Gemmell , Simpson , Campbell , Hunter (Scullion 62m) ,Rua. Maclennan ,Rod McLellan (Smith 62m) , Philp , Keast , Sloan , Wright (Tierney 62m) subs Gibb , Ritchie

Referee Mr C. Whyte assistants Mr K.Lyndsay & Mr Van Der Star

Despite early pressure from the hosts it was “THE BURN ” who go through to the final . As early as the third minute Boness should have been in front when Ross Philp was through on goal but shot over the bar from the right hand side . Two minutes later Grant Gavin threw his body in the way to block a shot from 20 yards out by Martin Wright . On seven minutes Connor Wallace turned a 25 yarder round his right hand post from Roddy McLellan . With 13 minutes on the clock the hosts were awarded a free kick 25 yards out and Robert Sloan saw his shot saved well by Wallace .Broxburn’s first opportunity came in fifteen minutes when Kieron Anderson put a ball through to Michael Linton who shot wide and high as he lost his balance trying to get his shot away . That could have been costly as Boness went up the other end and Darren Cole and Connor Wallace failed to deal with a ball into the back left of the six yard box where Wallace brought down McLellan and after initially giving the advantage the referee pointed to the spot despite the ball finding it’s way into the back of the net .After protests from the home side Martin Wright stepped up to take the spot kick and Connor Wallace turned hero by diving to his right and saving well . Boness continued to create chances and Robert Sloan had a chance from a free kick on 18 minutes but his effort went just over the bar from the left hand side . Twenty minutes gone in the first half and Michael Linton put a great ball across the box but Murphy in the hosts goal cut out the danger . The opener came after 25 minutes when Alexander Miller put the ball out to Anderson who saw his attempt at goal be deflected for a corner .From the corner the ball broke out to midfield to DARREN COLE who strode forward unchallenged before firing home in of the far right post and into the net .Two minutes later Darren Cole and Darren Gribben moved the ball well before the later fired over the bar . On 38 minutes Miller saw his header flash just over the bar from a corner kick . Nicholas Locke made a good run down the right hand side before cutting in along the bye line before trying to score from an acute angle but saw his attempt bounce along the cross bar and cleared from danger .Boness thought they had equalised before the break when a ball into the box was headed goalward and with Wallace beaten Craig Purves headed clear of the line and away from danger .Boness’s chances took a blow a minute later when Michael Gemmell was sent off for a second yellow card .
The second half started with the visitors taking control and Miller could have done better but saw his shot blocked by the keeper as he went through one on one .With 50 minutes on the clock former Broxburn favourite Fraser Keast went on a run down the right but before he got his cross in Grant Gavin put in a great tackle and the ball went for a corner .A minute later at the other end Craig Scott made a great cross park pass to Darren Gribben who was clear but saw his shot blocked by Murphy .On 55 minutes Gribben thought he had scored when he saw a shot come off the corner of the post and bar with many thinking it had hit the station and came back out . Miller set up Scott on the hour mark but his shot was deflected for a corner .The same duo a minute later carved open the home defence this time Scott’s attempt went narrowly wide .Locke made a good run and pass to Anderson who’s ball to the back post was just too strong and went harmlessly out for a bye kick . The visitors doubled their lead on 62 minutes when KIERON ANDERSON set off down the right hand side and cut into the box before firing past Murphy from a tight angle .This prompted the host’s to make a triple substitution and sub Callum Smith was set up by Keast within five minutes of coming on but the big striker saw his shot go just wide of the near post on the right . Anderson got clear down the right after 71 minutes but his ball intended for Miller was just behind the big striker and the chance was gone Keast and Smith created a good chance after 72 minutes but Smith’s effort went over the bar . with fifteen minutes left Nicholas Locke put a great ball through to Anderson down the right and his ball into box was met by Alexander Miller who saw his header go just over the bar . The game was all over in 82 minutes when Kieron Anderson passed to ALEXANDER MILLER who made room inside the box before firing home into the bottom right hand corner .Connor Wallace pulled of a fantastic save near the end from a goal bound Fraser Keast header . A good performance and the prize insight, a repeat of this and we will make up from the disappointment of losing to Tranent on penalties In the East of Scotland cup .


Date Time League Season
May 27, 2017 2:30 pm Conservatory Convertors Fife & Lothians cup 2016/17




Bo’ness United0
Broxburn Athletic3

Bo’ness United

Shaun Donoghue Goalkeeper
Connor Wallace Goalkeeper
Craig Purves Defender
Marcus Miller Defender
Darren Cole Defender
Grant Gavin Defender
Craig Scott Midfielder
Michael Linton Midfielder
Nicholas Locke Midfielder
Scott Richards Midfielder
Scott McNaughton Midfielder

Broxburn Athletic

Michael Browne Forward
Alexander Miller Forward
Ryan Baptie Defender
12Keiran Anderson Forward
19Darren Gribben Midfielder
Yellow Cards
Red Cards


League Table

1Broxburn Athletic3074
2Musselburgh Athletic3063
3Jeanfield Swifts3060
4Dunbar United3056
5Hutchieson Vale3055
6Sauchie Juniors3054
7Hill of Beath3050
8Haddington Athletic3044



Follow us online