Broxburn play in the Scottish East of Scotland leagues in the senior pyramid set up
The present Albyn Park opened in 1948 with Hearts vs Rangers (3,500). It sits on the original ‘Albion Park’ used by Broxburn F.C. in 1889. Athletic took over the lease in 1894 until both clubs amalgamted in 1912 and played at the Sports Park (where the sports centre is now). Athletic then moved back in 1921 until going defunct.
They moved back after being reformed in 1948, much to the help of its supporters who made the ground improvements. Mr G W Bartaby-Pearson in 1946 with the help of local businessmen started the process of reforming Broxburn and secured Albyn park from the Earl of Buchan. The council now owns the land and Broxburn has a lease until 2036.
Broxburn United Sport Club now operate the facilities at Albyn Park after re-development of the ground. The pitch is now a 3g artificial surface which is also used by Broxburn Athletic Colts and other clubs. It is hoped the community club will work well together to make the most that the new Albyn Park has to offer.
Ground: Albyn Park
Nickname: the Brox! the Burn! The Badgers
Year formed: 1894 Reformed: 1947
Home Colours: Red + White
Away Colours: Black
v Kilsyth Rangers
Albyn Park – 11,400
v Irvine Meadow
Hampden – 31,085
SJC Semi Final 1951