Broxburn Ath v Tranent Conservatory Convertors Fife & Lothians Cup Final



Tranent 1 Fisher (90m)
Broxburn Ath 0

Tranent Pucka , Christie , Wojtowycz ,Todd , Kerr , J.Paterson (Murray 62m) , Miller , Hawkins , Fisher , K.Paterson ,Waters (Manson 72m) subs Smith , Fiddler , Smeaton

Referee Mr P.Stuart assistants Mr S.Wilson and Mr J.Gall fourth official Mr I.Sneddon

Broxburn started the final on the front foot and almost took the lead on two minutes when Darren Gribben headed just over from a corner . A minute later at the other end Lewis Hawkins was through one on one with Connor but the big keeper saved well . The game swung up the other end a minute later and Nicholas Locke’s ball across the box found no takers .Anderson had a shot saved on eight minutes . On fifteen minutes Kayne Paterson tried to curl one in from the left hand side of the 18 yard box but it sailed well wide right .Anderson put a ball into the box on eighteen minutes but was just to far in front of his team mates . On 20 minutes a corner into the box found the head of Alexander Miller but his header sailed over the bar . Half way through the half and Locke sent a ball into the box for Miller but the defence got there before the striker . Tranent broke up the other end and won a corner with which Alexander Christie headed over the bar from .Kayne Paterson was through on goals but Connor Wallace saved well . With ten minutes of the half remaining Anderson put a great ball into the danger area but it was cleared of the line just before Locke got to the back post .In the last five minutes of the half Anderson sent a free kick from 19 yards over the bar and Locke saw a good effort saved .
The second half started with Broxburn on the attack and Anderson sent a ball in towards Miller but the striker could not get enough on his header to cause the keeper any trouble . Tranent sent a free kick into the box on 48 minutes but the Burn defence cleared the danger . The closest to a goal came wen Anderson got down the right and sent a ball deep into the box and Kerr headed over his own bar from the goal line to clear the danger for a corner . Joe Murray sent a shot in that went just past the right hand post on the hour mark . Darren Gribben headed over from a Anderson cross on 68 minutes .Craig Purves headed over from a corner on 77minutes . Trnent were starting to get the upper hand and on 79 minutes Ben Miller shot just over the bar .On eighty minutes Alexander Christie headed over from a corner .Man of the match Kayne Paterson saw a header flash past the left hand post .The sucker punch came in the last minute of regulation time when a move broke down by Broxburn, Tranent stormed up the other end and Manson passed to KENNETH FISHER who was through on goal and slotted into the bottom right hand corner out of reach of the fully stretched Wallace to the delight of his team mates . A bitter blow for Broxburn and not a good way to finish the season .We will regroup over the close season and with new signings already in progress will be stronger next season .


Date Time League Season
June 7, 2017 7:15 pm Conservatory Convertors Fife & Lothians cup 2016/17




Broxburn Athletic0

Broxburn Athletic

Shaun Donoghue Goalkeeper
Connor Wallace Goalkeeper
Craig Purves Defender
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

KO 83 90 FT

League Table

1Broxburn Athletic3074
2Musselburgh Athletic3063
3Jeanfield Swifts3060
4Dunbar United3056
5Hutchieson Vale3055
6Sauchie Juniors3054
7Hill of Beath3050
8Haddington Athletic3044



Follow us online