Tranent v Broxburn Athletic

TRANENT                          3  RUTHERFORD , MILLER , BERRY


Tranent    Inglis , Hawkins , , Rutherford ,Whitson , McKenzie ,Miller , Berry , Black , Devlin , Nelson (McGovern 82m), Barnett  subs Christie , Reid , Smeaton , Alysandratos

Referee  Mr D. Graves   Assistants Mr S. Duff ,Mr B. White

Attendance 200

In the first minute the visitors went on the attack with Nicholas Locke having a shot that was deflected and the keeper saved comfortably . Lewis Hawkins had an effort go over the bar on five minutes . Three minutes later Ben Miller fired in a free kick that Connor Wallace made a great save from before Gordon Donaldson cleared the loose ball from the danger area .Conor Kelly saw an attempt at goal saved by Sinclair Inglis on 12 minutes .A minute later the home side opened the scoring when awarded a free kick just outside the box slightly left and SHAUN RUTHERFORD fired a shot under the wall and under Wallace into the net . Broxburn were finding it hard to get to grips with the game and good play by the home side almost made it two on twenty minutes when James Devlin saw a shot deflected for a corner after some good build up play . Cameron Ross made a good run and pass into the box to Ross Nimmo who’s shot went well wide of the target on 29 minutes . Tranent got the second goal they deserved on 38 minutes when a good move ended with BEN MILLER slotting home from wide right into the bottom left hand corner . Broxburn got back in the game two minutes before the half time whistle when NICHOLAS LOCKE was played in outside the box and his determined run into the box was finished with the ball in the net .

The second half started and Broxburn were on the front foot when a ball in the box caused mayhem and was eventually scrambled clear by the home defence . Tranent had the opportunity on 48 minutes to stretch their lead when Rutherford made a run into the box where he was fouled by Harrison and the referee awarded a penalty . Ian Black stepped up to the spot but Connor Wallace saved well to his left hand side . On fifty minutes Miller almost sneaked a third when ghosting in front of Wallace but he turned the ball wide left of the target . Five minutes later Miller tested Wallace again but Wallace saved at the expense of a corner .Bradley Barnett made a good run into the box but once more Wallace came to the visitors rescue . Half way through the half Ross Nimmo put a ball into the box where Nicholas Locke tried a scissor kick but Inglis saved the attempt . A minute later Locke set up Greg Binnie but he saw his shot saved as Broxburn had their best spell in the game . Tranent sealed the match on 74 minutes when Craig Purves was out muscled down the left then along the bye line before the winger laid the ball across the box to ROBERT BERRY to turn the ball into the empty net . The last chance came from the visitors when Nicholas Locke tried to lob the keeper from 25 yards out wide left but did not get enough power on the ball and the keeper clutched the ball out the air .

Disappointing end to the season but we can look back on what was an exciting journey in winning the Conference “c” division .We would like to thank all for the support we have had this season it is very much appreciated and we will keep you post through our social media sources on any developments through out the close season ..

Broxburn Athletic v Bonnyrigg Rose



Bonnyrigg Rose  B.Young , Brett , Martynuik , K.Young , Hoskins , Turner ,                           Stewart ( McGachie 56m) , Lough (Andrews 25m) , Currie , Gray (Murrell 56m) SUBS  Nelson , Swanson

Referee Mr C. Wilson   Assistants Mr M.Addy ,Mr D. MacKinnon

attendance 956

In what was going to be a tense afternoon it was Broxburn’s Conor Kelly who had the Visitors keeper Bryan Young called into action on 4 minutes . Kerr Young tried an effort for the visitors a minute later that went wide left of the target . On 17 minutes Conor Kelly got down the right before firing  a good ball into the box that was cleared for a corner .The corner came in and was cleared out to Craig Scott on the edge of the box and he saw his shot saved by Young . Alexander Miller made a good run down the right hands side and put a ball in for Kelly who’s shot was saved and the ball broke  back out to Ross Nimmo who fired a shot well over . The game exploded a minute later when Miller was running through after a ball and Bryan Young came out to challenge him on the edge of the box and was adjudged to have handled the ball outside his box and was red carded .Bonnyrigg brought on Michael Andrews for Keith Lough .From the free kick Locke fired a shot but was blocked it broke to Nimmo who’s shot was also blocked before finally falling to GORDON DONALDSON who fired it past a crowded box into the net .Broxburn went two nil  up on 38 minutes when ROSS NIMMO fired a rocket into the net giving Young no chance .Locke and Scott both had shots in the last five minutes of the half that missed the target .

The ten men took the game to Broxburn in the second half and Lewis turner saw a shot go wide left on 57 minutes . Two minutes later a ball into the box saw Craig Purves clear of the line and away for a corner . Aaron Murrel saw a header go just wide left . Nimmo made a good run into the box before firing a shot wide left from the right hand side of the box . Turner shot over the bar on 68 minutes .With 20 minutes remaining Bonnyrigg got back in the game when DEAN HOSKINS sent a shot past Wallace into the top corner from the left . There were ten minutes left when a corner into the box was met by the head of Hoskins but his effort came off the bar . Bonnyrig got the scorline they needed to win the championship with 4 minutes remaining when AARON MUREL fired home from just inside the box  to the delight of the Bonnyrigg faithful .Broxburn almost snatched the title back with a minute left when Michael Linton put a through ball out left to Gordon Donaldson he got inside the box but pulled his shot past the far right post . Broxburn were pushing for the winner and sent Conor Wallace up for a corner in the last minute but when it broke down Bonnyrigg broke up the other end and the ball was played into LEWIS TURNER who rolled the ball into the unguarded net to seal the victory . That was the last action of the game and Bonnyrigg were crowned champions .We can be proud of our season so far and with Tranent next Saturday we can go on to win silverware in the king cup .

Penicuik Athletic v Broxburn Athletic



Penicuik Athletic   Watt , Stevenson,, Williams (Notman 67m) , Young , Page , Connelly, Somerville (Sampson 60m ) , Jones , McIntosh , Irving , Ponton  subs  Cordery , Sproule , Crabbe , Kateleza , Hamilton

Attendance   454

Referee Mr J.Curran   Assistants  Mr S. McLean , Miss V. Allan

Both sides had chances to open the scoring in the first ten minutes . First  Nicholas Locke had an effort turned round the post for a corner by Robert Watt in the home goal and Callum Connely tested Connor Wallace from 20 yards out 4 minutes later . The home side opened the scoring on 10 minutes when a free kick was flighted into the box Connor Wallace came of his line and misjudged the flight of the ball as  JOHN WILLIAMS got up to glance a header into the top right hand corner . The lead did not last long as five minutes later a good ball from Nimmo to Binnie at the back post saw the strikers attempt being turned behind for a corner . The corner came in from the left and found it’s way to the back of the box where GORDON DONALDSON  was unmarked and he fired into the bottom left hand corner . Three minutes later Alexander Miller sent a ball to Ross Nimmo who cut inside before firing just wide right of the target . Aaron Somerville was played through on 26 minutes but Connor Wallace was quick to come out and smother the ball and stop the danger . Miller saw a turn and shot go just wide of the upright on 34 minutes . Four minutes later Samuel Jones was allowed to turn in the box and send a shot goalward that Connor Wallace did well to save and the defence cleared the loose ball . The same player a minute later fired an effort just over the bar . In the last minute of the half  the home side had a corner in from the right that John Williams headed past Wallace but Jack Beesley on the line cleared away with a header for a corner .

The home side started the second half the better and two minutes into it they were in front when WAYNE McINTOSH got the ball on the left hand side just outside the box and sent a superb curling shot into the top right hand corner giving Wallace no chance . On 53 minutes good football set up a chance for Samuel Jones but Wallace was at his best to turn the ball away for a corner . Penicuik gave themselves a two goal cushion a minute later when AARON SOMERVILLE got the ball in space twenty five yards out and shot goal ward and it some how went under the diving Wallace into the net. This was a blow to the visitors  but they dug in and tried hard to get back into the game . Penicuik thought they had scored a fourth but the referee had blown for a free kick before the ball was put in the net on 63 minutes Binnie set Miller up on 65 minutes but the striker only just missed the target on the left hand side . Half way through the half Penicuik scrambled a ball eventually out the danger area with Broxburn forwards ready to pounce . A good ball in from the right saw Robert Watt tip the ball over his bar to ease the pressure . The visitors got back in the match with 11 minutes left when a free kick into the box fell to CONOR KELLY who made no mistake in hitting the back of the net . Penicuik were under pressure as the visitors continued to press and both Miller and Locke had chances go a begging . in the last minute Alexander Miller saw his shot deflected for a corner and when the corner came in the referee blew for time up . Disapointing result but still not out of it if Bonnyrigg get a win against Penicuik on Wednesday evening .We will hope to still have some thing to play for come Saturday and will prepare accordingly .



STIRLING UNIVERSITY (eos)          0


Stirling University eos.  Donaldson , Yoon Lee , Gunn , Rose , Monro (Corrin 56m) , Sheils , MacLean ( Mackay 69m) ,  Baber , Collins , hodges , Heath , subs Whitefield , Bushell

Referee Mr A. Grieve   . Assistants  Mr C.Drummond ,Mr R. Gordon

Attendance 180

For the second game in a row Broxburn started on fire going in front after 2 minutes .After a couple of creative chances a ball across the box from the right saw Miller force a great save of Donaldson in the students goal but as the ball broke it was his name sake that was first to react and GORDON DONALDSON headed home to the delight of the big support in the student campus . On five minutes another good ball across the box was cleared for a throw in by the home defence . The second goal came after nine minutes when a corner in from the right was met in the middle of the box by SHAUN HARRISON who’s header rocketed into the back of the net giving the keeper no chance .Greg Binnie saw an attempt saved on twelve minutes Two minutes after that Alexander Miller set up Craig Scott who forced a full stretching save from the keeper to turn it past the post for a corner . Donaldson put Alexander Miller through on goal on twenty minutes but with the keeper advancing Miller chipped the ball over him but also just over the bar .Half way through the half great football set up Ross Nimmo inside the box but his effort was turned behind for a corner . Broxburn got a third on 33 minutes when ROSS NIMMO gathered the ball on the half way line and raced through the heart of the home defence before firing a rocket into the net from 20 yards out . Past the half hour mark and Nicholas Locke got into the box on the left before firing an effort just past the right hand post . Nimmo saw a shot saved again on 36 minutes . At the other end in one of a few attacks in the first half for the home side Dong Yoon Lee fired a shot towards goal that Connor Wallace had to look lively to turn it round the left hand post for a corner . If the Championship points were not all ready in the bag they were after 38 minutes when GREG BINNIE was through in goals and rounded the keeper but under pressure from the defender he miss hit his shot and it hit the right hand post but it bounced back to the striker to allow him a second chance which he took with delight .

Broxburn started the second half well in the first minute Miller got down the right after good play with Binnie before firing a ball across the box but it went out for a bye kick going past the left hand post . A couple of minutes later Miller got down the left before passing back to Craig Scott who’s shot was deflected and the sting taken out of the shot and Donaldson in the hosts goal gathered it comfortably . A minute later Donaldson pulled of a great finger tip save to turn a Scott effort over the bar . Miller repeated his effort of the first half on 50 minutes when through on goal he lobbed the keeper and the goals by the minimum of margins . Stirling’s closest effort of the match came on 55 minutes when Edward Hodges saw his header come off the bar with Wallace beaten and the ball was cleared . With 65 minutes on the clock a long ball was misjudged by Wallace coming out his goal and the ball fell to Hodges who’s effort was turned behind for a corner . Cameron Ross made a great run down the left before cutting back to Locke who fired of a shot from twelve yards out but some how Donaldson pulled of a great save turning the ball away for a corner .With the clock running down Hodge’s saw an effort come off the bar for the second time in this half . Nicholas Locke saw an effort saved and the last effort on goal came from the hosts when Hodge’s put a ball into the box and Calum Heath headed over the bar . Not long after the referee blew the final whistle to spark celebrations on the club winning the Conference League “C” division and entry into the play offs with promotion to the Lowland league up for grabs for the victors .


ORMISTON                0


Ormiston   Stirling , Jones (Blair 57m) , Cochrane  ( Boyne  81m) , Russell , Prior , Hogg , Korpalski , J.Purves , Subasic , Currie ( Ruwona 80m ) , D.Purves  subs Bevridge

attendance 90

Referee  Mr M. Rennie   assistants  Mr R.Stewart , Mr A Brown

Broxburn got off to a flyer after only three minutes when Nicholas Locke was brought down in the box and CRAIG SCOTT was given the task of beating Robbie Stirling from the penalty spot which he duly obliged giving the keeper no chance . Two minutes later at the other end Daniel Purves put a good ball across the six yard box from the right but there were no team mates to take advantage of the excellent ball . Michael Linton put a good ball across from the left on 20 minutes but the defender cleared for a corner . Half way through the half Alexander Miller turned well but his shot was blocked by the home defence and turned out for a throw in . Ross Nimmo put a great ball through to Miller from the left but the striker snatched his shot on the volley and it went high over the bar . Ormiston had a good move on 29 minutes which finished with Liam Currie trying an effort from 25 yards out that went wide left of the target .A minute later Anes Subasic  was through on goal but his effort was turned behind for a corner . At the other end Nimmo was put through on the left and his ball into the box was headed clear for a corner . Nimmo put another good ball into the box two minutes later but there were no team mates up far enough into the box to take advantage of the good ball in . With five minutes remaining a free kick 25 yards out on the left was well worked with Scott rolling the ball to Locke who’s shot just cleared the cross bar .The visitors second goal came not long after the home side were claiming for a penalty at the other end  Locke got down the left into the box and his cross across the box was met by JACK BEESLEY who turned the ball home unchallenged to give the visitors breathing space . In the last minute of the half Locke saw a shot go just wide left of the target .

The second half was slow to get started and it was the visitors who created the first chance of the half when Locke twisted his way into the box before shooting wide with options available to him . Locke again created another chance but his ball into the danger area was cut out for a corner by the defender . On the hour mark Nicholas Locke was breaking clear when Seamus Russell pulled him back to earn himself a yellow card . JACK BEESLEY stepped up to take the free kick slightly left and 30 yards out to which he gave Stirling no chance putting the ball beyond him into the net by way of the top left hand corner . Scott turned and shot wide two minutes later as the visitors tried to increase their advantage .Miller had an opportunity trying to shake off the defender but the defender was too strong and cleared the danger . It was 70 minutes when Broxburn got their fourth with a long ball through the middle was perfectly met by ROSS NIMMO who ran on to fire past the stranded goalkeeper . Ormiston did have the ball in the net but was ruled offside on 72 minutes . It was all Broxburn in the last five minutes  with Cameron Ross making a good run before shooting over from inside the box .Then Miller saw the keeper make a excellent save with the same player shooting just wide with the last kick of the ball . Another three points from a side that is capable of taking points from anybody on their day so satisfactory day in East Lothian and we now prepare for next week’s travel to Stirling University for our last league  match .




Dunbar Utd   McCathie , Thomson , Peden , Szems , Harley (Gordon 86m) , Ingram , Fiddler , Handling , McLaren , Ballantyne , Tait ( King 75m) , subs McCraw , Hastie , Johnstone .

Attendance 125

Referee Mr R. Lee  Assistants  Mr I. Gallacher ,Mr W. Chadwick

Broxburn started well and in two minutes a crossfield left to right ball from Craig Scott to Cameron Ross saw the big forward get into the box before being thwarted by the defender who got in to clear for a corner . The corner in from the right was met by the head of Grant Gavin but it went just over the bar . Craig Scott screwed a shot wide after eight minutes . On 16 minutes Liam Peden saw a free kick from 30 yards out saved and finally cleared by Craig Purves . Just before the half hour mark good play saw a chance go when Keith Tait got to the ball first as it was whipped across the box and he turned it back for a corner . The corner in was met by Grant Gavin but his awkward shot just went wide left of the target . A minute later good play was finished with a Nicholas Locke effort going over the bar from thirty yards out . Cameron Ross forced a good save on 32 minutes from Liam McCathie in the hosts goal . Two minutes later at the other end Darren Handling put a good ball in to the box for Dean Ballantyne who saw his shot go just past after Wallace got his finger tips to his deflected shot . The opening goal came with five minutes remaining of the half when Fraser McLaren was in on goals before being upended by the advancing Wallace . DEAN BALLANTYNE stepped up and made no mistake from the spot . Broxburn should have equalised on the stroke of half time when Scott Richards put a good ball through into the box for Dominico Gibson who saw his cross parried out into the path of Cameron Ross on the right hand side of the box but his shot was pulled wide right of the target .

Dunbar could have been awarded another penalty two minutes into the second half when Wallace came out to dive at the feet of Dean Ballantyne but this time got the ball . On 49 minutes a corner in from the left was met by Gordon Donaldson but his header went wide left of the target . With 52 minutes on the clock a long ball into Conor Kelly who turned the ball goalwards but it looped just over the bar . Fraser McLaren burst into the box but Wallace stopped him in his tracks blocking the shot from six yards away for a corner . on 59 minutes Liam Peden got into the box on the left but his tight angle shot hit the side netting . Gordon Donaldson saw a shot deflect past for a corner on 63 minutes as Broxburn pressed for the equaliser . Wallace pulled of a good save a minute later atr the other end from McLaren . Broxburn had a chance to level  when Alexander Miller was brought down in the box when going for the ball but Jack Beasley’s penalty straight down the middle was saved by Liam McCathie’s trailing high leg . With over half an hour of the second half gone great play saw Locke end up forcing a great save from McCathie . Another chance was thwarted by a fantastic save when a Donaldson effort looked to be hitting the back of the net before McCathie some how got over to turn the ball wide of the danger area . Broxburn were handed another opportunity from the spot this time Locke was brought down going into the box . Conor Kelly this time struck a good penalty but Liam McCathie pulled off a great save and kept his side in front and put them through to the next round away to Jeanfield swifts . Cant win games if we don’t take our opportunities and today was a frustrating one in front of goals today . We put this behind  us and prepare for a big fortnight in the season with our last two league games away to Ormiston and Stirling University (eos )




Craigroyston   Burnside  ,Mackintosh , Ross , Anderson , Nisbet , Miller (Graham 85m)  , Greenhall , Donaldson ,           Campbell , Irving , Smith (Wells 81m) ,   no unused subs

Referee Mr A. Strang

attendance  80

Broxburn started the chances in 2 minutes when a Jack Beasley free kick in from the left was headed clear for a corner . On seven minutes Mark Smith tried an effort from 35 yards out that did not trouble Wallace as it sailed over the bar .At the other end Craig Scott  got down the right and his ball was cut out out by Stuart Burnside in the hosts goal as it geot inside the six yard box . The opening goal came for the hosts in 11 minutes when a ball into the left hand side of the box was gathered by TOM IRVING who had time to compose himself and fire past Wallace to give his side a shock lead . Quarter of an hour in and a Nicholas Locke ball in from the left was just too high for any of his attacking team mates . The visitors got level on 24 minutes when Jack Beasley lofted a free kick in from the left 35 yards out was met by the head of SHAUN HARRISON who powered it into the back of the net . Just past the half hour mark Locke got to the bye line and fired a ball across the six yard box that was just inches away from being met by Conor Kelly . Nicholas Locke landed his name in the book for an alleged dive while breaking free down the left he was tripped clearly by Mackintosh but some how the referee decided the Broxburn captain had dived to everybody’s disbelief . Locke himself had a shot saved on 37 minutes . With five minutes left of the half Gordon Donaldson saw an effort sail over the bar .

Broxburn should have gone in front on 49 minutes when Locke got a ball across past the keeper to Beasley who saw his shot cleared of the line by the covering defender . A minute later Cameron Ross got down the right and his ball to Locke just would not sit up for him and the chance went a begging . Broxburn were going for the three points and a good ball into box by Beasley saw Locke head wide . With almost an hour on the clock a corner in was met by Harrison who’s header went over the bar . Broxburn continued to press and a Beasley free kick saw Locke head over the bar .Cameron Ross worked his way into the box on the right hand side and saw his shot deflected for a corner . A double substitution injected a bit more pace to the game and on the 75th minute a great passing play saw Locke fire a ball across the box from the right and CRAIG SCOTT fired the ball into the net .Broxburn continued to press as they over run the home defence with attack after attack and were rewarded on 80 minutes when a Nimmo ball across the box from the left was retained by Cameron Ross  who’s ball was cleared partially to GORDON DONALDSON on the edge of the box who controlled the ball before firing home .Locke set up Ross nimmo on 83 minutes but Stuart Burnside in the Craigroyston goal pulled of a great save . A couple of minutes later Binnie almost made it four but was crowded out at the right hand post as he poked the ball past .in the dying embers Locke thought he had scored as he ran on to a cross field ball but having done well to find the back of the net he was adjudged to have been offside . Ross Nimmo burst into the box in injury time and was fouled badly but the referee played a advantage ? but the home keeper stopped the ball before the referee stopped the game for treatment to Nimmo and restarted the ball with a bounce ball.

Not a good first half to watch for the visiting fans but far better performance in the second saw the job done  and three more points in the bag .




COLDSTREAM                  1    BRIGGS

Coldstream    Turnbull  ,  Herdman  , Heugh  ,  Straughan  ,  Fox  ,  Bonnington ( Brown 83m) ,  Dixon , Windram , Paterson (Brown 63m) , Bright  ,  Lee   subs Corfield , Allan

Attendance 176

Referee Mr.  A.Shepherd  Assistants  Mr. P.Hanlon ,Miss F. Morton

Broxburn started well within the first minute Greg Binnie made a good run into the box on the right before sending a good cross across the six yard box but was just too much in front of his team mates and the ball went straight through to safety for the visitors . Two minutes later Jack Beasley made good room in the box before sending a good ball into the danger area but again no one in red and whit were there to get on the end of it . The opening goal came on 10 minutes when Cameron Ross went on a run down the left and was brought down as he headed for goal .JACK BEASLEY stepped up to take the free kick wide left and 25 yards out, he fired a great ball into the top left hand corner . With fifteen minutes gone Gordon Donaldson put a great ball to the back post from the left and Greg Binnie knocked it back out to Beasley who’s ball into the box was met by the head of Alexander Miller but he could not find the target and the ball went over the bar . Miller tried an effort from 25 yards out on twenty minutes which Elliot Turnbull saved . Just after the half hour mark a corner into the box found the head of Chris Townsley but the big defender headed wide right of the goals . Beasley was thwarted by Turnbull who was quick to come out and grab the ball just before Beasley in the box . Coldstream’s Craig Heugh tried an effort from thirty yards out but it sailed over the bar not troubling Connor Wallace in the home goals after being in his sick bed all week .  Binnie had the last effort of the half that was deflected for a corner which came to nothing .

Coldstream almost got a goal on 53 minutes when a good ball into the box was eventually cleared by the home defence . On the hour mark Miller made a good run down the right but his shot went over the bar . With 63 minutes on the clock Binnie sent a good ball through to Miller but it was a little to hard allowing the keeper to come and collect the ball . Half way through the second half Binnie played Cameron Ross through down the left and when he cut inside his shot went over the bar .Binnie again created another opening two minutes later but his great ball across the box was a fraction in front of Craig Scott and the ball was cleared . The second goal came on seventy minutes when Cameron Ross played a great ball down the right into the path of JACK BEASLEY  who took a couple of strides forward into the box on the right hand side before firing high into the far top left hand corner of the net . A minute later a Miller attempt was saved comfortably . The visitors got back in the game a minute later when Ben Herdman fired a rocket from thirty yards that crashed of the corner of post and bar bounced down and STUART BRIGGS was first to react to head into the net .Coldstream had their tails up and went looking for a leveller with some mounting pressure . They almost capitilised on 84 minutes when both Donaldson and Wallace went for the same ball on the edge of the box and collided leaving the loose ball that coldstream could not turn into the net . Dominico Gibson saw a shot deflected for a corner and Townsley could not get direction on his header when the ball came in to box . In the last minute Kristian Dixon saw a good run and shot from the lleft come of the left hand post and Craig Purves was first to the loose ball to turn behind for a corner . When the corner came in Ross Straughan saw his header tipped on to the bar from Wallace’s hand and it bounced away from the danger area .

Next round was the target and next round is where we are with an away tie at Tranent to look forward too .

Robel Dent




St Andrews United  L.Wilson , M.Fleming ,Rendall, O.Fleming (A.McDonald 79m), McInnes , Quinn , Penman ,

Falconer ( J.Wilson 61m) ,Stark , McManus , subs Moran ,Blainey

Attendance 94

Referee  Mr  S. Luke   Assistants Mr R.Bowie ,Mr O. Roberts

With every game in non league football off it was great to see the St Andrews park in perfect condition for the game .Alexander Miller on two minutes carved open the first chance when on the edge of the box he tried to round the advanced Lee Wilson in the home goal but when he did the defender stepped in to clear for a corner . Greg Binnie two minutes later laid the ball off to Nicholas Locke but he could not get his shot away and the keeper gathered the ball . Stephen Stark tried a shot from 20 yards out but Connor Wallace saved comfortably . With ten minutes gone a free kick wide right  by Craig Scott was played into the box but was just too strong and it came off the bar on its way over . Miller thought he had scored on twelve minutes but the defence cleared . The opening goal did come after 14 minutes when a ball over the top to Miller was played in to JACK BEASLEY who remained composed before turning the defender and keeper before firing into the net . Ryan McManus for the home side went on a good run down the left on 18 minutes but was thwarted by Wallace who blocked his run and shot on the edge of the six yard box . A minute later Miller should have done better when through on goal with the keeper to beat his shot went straight at the keeper .Just before the half hour mark  a good ball into the box was collected by GREG BINNIE before he despatched the ball into the net . The visitors were on easy street a minute before half time when a great ball through to Miller was then passed to Binnie who slid the ball to JACK BEASLEY who had the easiest of tasks to fill the net and duly obliged .

The second half started as the first half finished with Broxburn on the attack but Miller’s shot was saved by Lee Wilson .If the game was not already over it was on the 52nd minute  when the visitors won a corner it was flighted into the heart of the box and PAUL QUINN headed high into his own net giving his keeper no chance .  With Connor Wallace almost a spectator for most of the game it was amazing to see on the 57th minute he pulled off a fantastic save when a ball played into the box was met by the head of Stephen Stark ever so slightly to divert the ball towards the bottom left hand corner from the right hand side and the big keeper got across to tip the ball around the post for a corner ,he was not to be beaten today . Jason Penman had a shot on 64 minutes that was deflected over the bar for a corner . Half way through the second half Jack Wilson had a shot that was weak and Wallace saved easily . Good football in difficult conditions on 77 minutes saw a ball into the box by Dominico Gibson was almost pounced upon by Miller but Wilson smothered the ball and the chance was gone . Scott Richards after winning the ball on the half way line made a great run wide left before cutting into the box and forcing Lee Wilson to save .  Over all a great performance and another hurdle as we strived to win the conference league . Every player played their part and were superb in their attitude , commitment and determination to turn in a professional performance and stretch our lead at the top .



Follow us online