Dundee Utd (B) v Livingston FC (B)






Dunbar United   Laing , K.Tait , Peden (Neave 77m) , Szemis , McFarlane , McTernan (Ingram 46m) , Fiddler , S.Tait , McLaren , Handling   (McCraw 86m) ,Ballantyne . subs Cropley , Chapman

Attendance   188

Referee Mr C. McNab   Assistants  Mr K. Maskell ,Mr T.Roberts


On a day more suited to water polo it was Dunbar who got the ball into the box in the first minute but the Broxburn defence cleared the danger  . Broxburn took the lead on 9 minutes when Nick Locke went on a run and was brought down outside the box . NICHOLAS LOCKE stepped up to curl a free kick into the top far right hand corner giving Daniel Laing no chance . On 11 and 13 minutes Ross and Miller had good chances for the home side . Dunbar levelled the game on 19 minutes when STEVEN TAIT went on a run into the box and his shot was deflected past Wallace into the net . Broxburn continued to create chances and on 26 minutes Connor Kelly set up Zander Miller but the strikers effort went wide left . Kelly himself saw a turn and shot deflected for a corner on 29 minutes . The home side regained the lead on 34 minutes when Locke past wide right to Kelly who’s ball to the back post was headed back across the goals by Miller and NICHOLAS LOCKE who had continued to run was there to fire his side in front . Cameron Ross created a chance a minute later but the effort went wide right of the target . With 3 minutes of the half remaining Michael McFarlane should have done better when a free kick into the box was met by his head but he steered the ball wide right of the target unchallenged And in the final action of the half Fraser McLaren shot came off the bar before being cleared .

The second half started under a torent of rain and it was Ross on 51 minutes who created a good opening but shot wide right from the left hand side of the box . Kelly provided Miller with a great ball but the striker’s header was well saved by Laing . Dunbar equalised on 59 minutes when DEAN BALLANTYNE shot from the left hand side and it took a slight deflection to divert into the back of the net .  Broxburn regained the lead 5 minutes later when a great move finished by a one two from Kelly and CAMERON ROSS who finished well . In a ding dong battle the visitors were level again on 75 minutes when Lloyd Fiddler got into the box and his effort was turned in at the near post by STEVEN TAIT  .  Ross on 82 minutes shot into the side net . Donaldson saw an effort saved on 84 minutes as the hosts pressed for the winner . With three minutes remaining Donaldson saw an effort come off the post . A minute later Greg Binnie brought out the best in Daniel Laing who full stretched turned the ball behind for a corner . The corner came in and GORDON DONALDSON prodded the ball into the empty net and went to celebrate with his friends in the crowd . A good game under trying conditions and both sets of players deserved credit for the way they played the game . A vital three points for the BUrn in our quest to keep the pressure on the leader . .


This game to be played at Boness Newtown park



Crossgates Primrose   Mooney , Dunlop , R. Sawers , Forbes (Cowie 87m) ,O’Neill , Moffat , Aitken , Dees (Wilkie 72m) , Lawrie , Campbell , McAteer (L.Sawers 72m)   subs McDonald , Swan , Clark , Henderson

Referee Mr. B.Fraser   Assistants  Mr K.Boyd , Mr R.Gordon

Attendance  170

Broxburn started well and on three minutes Cameron Ross got down the left and his ball was into the box was cut out and cleared by the defence . A minute later at the other end a good ball in was headed goalward by Michael Dunlop but Connor Walace  caught the ball with ease . A through ball from deep found Jack Beesley who’s shot was deflected to Greg Binnie and his shot was deflected for a corner with the keeper beaten . The visitors took the lead on nine minutes when ARCHIE CAMPBELL broke away on a counter attack and shot home past Wallace . Broxburn almost equalised on 16 minutes when  they gained a corner and when the corner came in Miller shot into the side netting . The visitors almost doubled their lead on 35 minutes when a shot past Wallace was cleared off the line by Christopher Townsley . At the other end a minute later a deflected Miller shot was deflected then tipped over the bar by Mooney in the visitors goals . On 41 mins a game of head tennis in the box was finally headed wide of the Broxburn goals by James McAteer . Cameron ross saw an attempt in the last minute of the half turned behind for a corner which came to nothing .

From the second half kick off Cameron Ross went on the attack and forced a great save from Mooney and when the ball broke to Miller he shot wide . Crossgates sent a free kick into the box on 49 minutes  which Chris Townsley headed over his own bar . The equaliser came on 53 minutes when Cameron Ross sent NICHOLAS LOCKE through to score .Two minutes later a repeat move saw Locke shoot wide of the target this time .  Broxburn took the lead on 63 minutes  when a great ball sent Miller clear on the right who in turn   squared the ball to JACK BEESLEY to score . The visitors were on level terms with 15 minutes remaining when a ball over the top from Campbell found SCOTT LAWRIE  who fired home giving Wallace no chance . Broxburn went in front with 86 minutes on the clock when Connor Kelly drove into the box and his ball was headed home by ALEXANDER MILLER  . Crossgates should have equalised on 88 minutes when Mark Wilkie  forced a fantastic save from Connor Wallace  with everybody waiting for the net to ripple .  A good three points at Neutral Boness , whom we thank for the facilities , as we endeavour to catch our hosts  .

Broxburn Ath v Sauchie Kelty tournament

Broxburn Ath v Tranent Conservatory Convertors Fife & Lothians Cup Final

Tranent 1 Fisher (90m)
Broxburn Ath 0

Tranent Pucka , Christie , Wojtowycz ,Todd , Kerr , J.Paterson (Murray 62m) , Miller , Hawkins , Fisher , K.Paterson ,Waters (Manson 72m) subs Smith , Fiddler , Smeaton

Referee Mr P.Stuart assistants Mr S.Wilson and Mr J.Gall fourth official Mr I.Sneddon

Broxburn started the final on the front foot and almost took the lead on two minutes when Darren Gribben headed just over from a corner . A minute later at the other end Lewis Hawkins was through one on one with Connor but the big keeper saved well . The game swung up the other end a minute later and Nicholas Locke’s ball across the box found no takers .Anderson had a shot saved on eight minutes . On fifteen minutes Kayne Paterson tried to curl one in from the left hand side of the 18 yard box but it sailed well wide right .Anderson put a ball into the box on eighteen minutes but was just to far in front of his team mates . On 20 minutes a corner into the box found the head of Alexander Miller but his header sailed over the bar . Half way through the half and Locke sent a ball into the box for Miller but the defence got there before the striker . Tranent broke up the other end and won a corner with which Alexander Christie headed over the bar from .Kayne Paterson was through on goals but Connor Wallace saved well . With ten minutes of the half remaining Anderson put a great ball into the danger area but it was cleared of the line just before Locke got to the back post .In the last five minutes of the half Anderson sent a free kick from 19 yards over the bar and Locke saw a good effort saved .
The second half started with Broxburn on the attack and Anderson sent a ball in towards Miller but the striker could not get enough on his header to cause the keeper any trouble . Tranent sent a free kick into the box on 48 minutes but the Burn defence cleared the danger . The closest to a goal came wen Anderson got down the right and sent a ball deep into the box and Kerr headed over his own bar from the goal line to clear the danger for a corner . Joe Murray sent a shot in that went just past the right hand post on the hour mark . Darren Gribben headed over from a Anderson cross on 68 minutes .Craig Purves headed over from a corner on 77minutes . Trnent were starting to get the upper hand and on 79 minutes Ben Miller shot just over the bar .On eighty minutes Alexander Christie headed over from a corner .Man of the match Kayne Paterson saw a header flash past the left hand post .The sucker punch came in the last minute of regulation time when a move broke down by Broxburn, Tranent stormed up the other end and Manson passed to KENNETH FISHER who was through on goal and slotted into the bottom right hand corner out of reach of the fully stretched Wallace to the delight of his team mates . A bitter blow for Broxburn and not a good way to finish the season .We will regroup over the close season and with new signings already in progress will be stronger next season .



Follow us online