Broughty Ath v Broxburn Ath



McBookie Superleague

Broughty Ath 2 Liversedge ,McConnachie
Broxburn Ath 2 Anderson , Beasley (p).

Broughty Ross , McCunnie (Fleming 71m), Hay ,McNaughton , Liversedge (Robertson 76m) , Suttie , Winter , McWalter (Smith 50m) , McConachie , Kesson , Milne . subs gk Sinclair

Referee Mr S.Traynor , assistants Mr M. Crichton and Mr D. Fearn

This game started in frantic fashion and shaped up to be a great game . After three minutes stewart McConnichie was right through and Connor Wallace came out his goals to block the chance and clear . A minute later at the other end Kiran Anderson sent in a free kick which was turned past the left post .New signing took the attck to the other end and his cut back from the bye line was cleared for a corner . Derryn Kesson put a great ball into the box and was cleared for another corner for the hosts . Broxburn should have took the lead on eight minutes with great passing play ended when Darren Gribben put a ball into the box from the right but Alexander Miller collided with the defender and the ball was scrambled away from danger . McConachie had an effort from 25 yards out which sailed over the bar . On 12 minutes Liversedge put a good ball into the box and it was met by Kevin Milne who saw his shot saved from point blank by Wallace . Quarter of an hour and the action was relentless a Gribben free kick on the edge of the box was saved easily by Ross . A great move a minute later saw Nicholas Locke send Miller down the left hand side and his excellent ball into the box was met by Darren Gribben who disappointingly put it past the left hand post .Two minutes later saw the visitors have several attempts to score but desperate defending eventually cleared the danger .Half way through the first half and Derryn Keeson saw a shot go just over the bar when he could have done better . A minute laster at the other end Gribben and Beasley combined to set up a chance but the latter’s ball into the box was cleared .Anderson and Miller combined to set up a chance for Gribben but his effort went of target . Broughty took advantage of the misses when going up the park on thirty two minutes through CHRISTOPHER LIVERSEDGE who cut inside before shooting from 25 yards out and slightly out on the right he saw his shot deflect past Connor Wallace into the opposite corner of the net .Nicholas locke a minute later got on the end of a Gribben crfoss but from six yards out he saw his goal bound header some how be kept out by Iain Ross in “The Feds ” goal . Gribben himself saw a shot almost beat Ross who managed to grab the ball at the second attempt . Broughty took a two goal advantage into the break when a ball into the box was cleared as far as Kesson and when his shot was blocked by Wallace SCOTT McConnachie was first to react to put the ball into the net .
The second half started and it was Broughty who had the first chance when McConachie shot over the bar after only two minutes of the half gone .Couple of minutes later Anderson put a great ball across the box to Beasley who cut it back to Andrew Gillen who shot over the bar Broxburn got back in the game on 54 minutes when Ross Nimmo ,on for Gribben, got down the right and put a ball on a plate for KIERAN ANDERSON who gave Ross no chance from 18 yards firing home into the bottom right hand corner . They should have been on level terms three minutes later when Nimmo got down the right again he cut the ball back to the un marked Anderson who crashed the ball off the bar the rebound fell to Miller who saw his attempt blocked by Ross . A minute later on 58 minutes McConachie was through on goals again and again Wallace came out to block the striker’s attempt at goal . Nimmo just couldn’t quite get onto a long ball on 64 minutes with Ross in the hosts goals coming out to clear the ball up the park from outside his box . The referee adjudged a pass back by Purves to Wallace on 66 minutes six yards out Despite the protests of the visiyors the decision remained and with a tight goal line Jamie Winter fired in a shot but came of the defensive wall and went over for a corner . There were 71 minutes on the clock when the visitors got on level terms .Alexander Miller got on to a pass into the box and Milne fouled him as he got to the ball giving a penalty away . JACK BEASLEY stepped up to the spot and fired home the equaliser . Anderson on 73 minutes put a great ball from a free kick into the box but was cleared before any team mates got to the ball . Broxburn were trying hard for all three points and Nimmo almost got it with 7 minutes left but saw his effort cleared . Four minutes from the end and Grant Gavin made a telling tackle to clear the danger just before Keeson was ready to shoot home . A share of the points in a game we created enough chance’s to win many a game but a point away to a tough ground is better than nothing ,lets hope we can start getting these half chances away starting next week away to Penicuik in the V Tech SMT Ltd Fife and Lothians cup.


Date Time League Season
September 30, 2017 2:30 pm East Region Super League 2017/18




Broxburn Athletic2
Broughty Athletic2
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

KO 53 61 82 FT

League Table

1Broxburn Athletic3074
2Musselburgh Athletic3063
3Jeanfield Swifts3060
4Dunbar United3056
5Hutchieson Vale3055
6Sauchie Juniors3054
7Hill of Beath3050
8Haddington Athletic3044



Follow us online