Ricky Miller


Broxburn ath                  3 Miller ,Anderson , Locke

Dundonald Bluebell        5 Sibanda (4)  Drummond

Dundonald Bluebell    Lennox , Walton , Drummond , Durie , Hendry , Wedderburn (Moffat 45m) ,Bell , Campbell  (Gray 63m) , Sibanda , Kay , Meikle (Payne 73m) , subs Smith , Penman

referee  Mr  C. Whyte  assistants Mr C.Newman ,Mr K.Gallacher

Broxburn opened the scoring on 7 minutes when Alexander Murray got down the left rounded the defender before crossing to ALEXANDER MILLER to score the goal that won him the top goalscorer award for season 2017/18 .Dundonald equalised on 12 minutes when a free kick out wide left was struck towards goal it looked like Donoghue would gather easily but he misjudged the flight of the ball and it went over him into the net from BARRY SIBANDA . On 15 minutes a good run down the right was followed by a cross into the box that Sibanda got his head to but couldn’t direct it goal ward .The big striker was causing the home defence all sorts of trouble and had an effort cleared of the line on 19 minutes .He did get his second to put his side in front when a corner in from the right landed at the back post BARRY SIBANDA was there to squeeze the ball past two defender’s and the goalkeeper on twenty minutes . Half way through the half a ball in from the right was met by the head of Crag Wedderburn who sent his header over the bar . Two minutes later at the other end Ross Nimmo was set up but hit his shot past the right hand post . Half an hour gone and Gordon Donaldson put a great ball into Miller who took a touch past the defender before shooting wide right . Nimmo won the ball in the middle of his opponents half and laid the ball off to Anderson on the right hand side but his shot was just wid of the right hand side upright . On 37 minutes the Broxburn box was like a pin ball machine but the home defence cleared the ball after the scare and several chances to increase the visitors lead went a begging . A big call by the referee changed the dynamics of the game when Chris Townsley went out left to challenge the Dundonald  winger they ran into each other but the referee sent Chris off for apparently stopping a goal scoring opportunity . Dundonald made it 3-1 just on the half time whistle when ROSS DRUMMOND was allowed to run through he opposition half before cutting inside and scoring from the edge of the box .

Miller and Anderson could have got on the end of a through ball two minutes into the second half but the ball ran through to the keeper who had come off his line to gather . Kieran Anderson created a chance for himself on fifty minutes but shot just wide left of the target . Alexander miller tried to lob the keeper from just inside the opposition half but it came of the far left post and bounced straight into the arms of the grateful James Lennox .Broxburn did get into the game on 56 minutes when KIERAN ANDERSON got down the right hand side of the box before giving Lennox no chance . Dundonald restored their two goal advantage when a free kick was awarded 22 yards out centre of goals and BARRY SIBANDA shot home passed Donoghue for his hat trick . On 69 minutes there was strong claims for a penalty when Alexander Miller looked to have been pulled down but the referee was having nothing to do with it .A minute later the ball broke to Ross Nimmo who had the keeper to beat out on the right but the keeper did well turning the effort for a corner . Broxburn’s ten men again got within touching distance when a corner in from the right was met by NICHOLAS LOCKE who’s powerful header flew into the net . With 82 minutes on the clock a corner came in from the left and from a yard out BARRY SIBANDA scored his fourth and Dundonalds fifth with a header .Alexander Miller received a good pass from midfield from Scott Richards but his attempted lob this time went over the bar . With two minutes remaining Nicholas Locke was ordered off for a second yellow card received for a challenge twenty five yards out wide right .  Not the best way to sign off the season with a defeat but time to reflect and hopefully move on to better things next season . Thanks for all your support this season and lets hope we can do something next season no matter where we might be playing our football .


Broxburn Ath           3  Miller (2) , Locke

Lochee United         0

Lochee United  Fotheringham , Webster (Ritchie 65m) , Kirk , McNally ,Millar , McMahon , Davie , Smith (Deesley 65m) , Reid , Lawson , Birse  subs McComiskie , McIlvarey , Stewart

Referee Mr C. Wilson   Assistants  Mr S.Davidson ,Mr N.Silva

Broxburn had a chance early on when Ross Nimmo played a ball into Alexander Miller but the striker was offside and the keeper had saved easily anyway . Lochee should have taken the lead in nine minutes when Logan Davie bore down on goal with only Shaun Donoghue to beat the young keeper saved with his legs turning the ball or a corner .Lochee were dictating the play without penetrating the strong home defence . All their play meant nothing when Broxburn took the lead on 17 minutes when Ross Nimmo played a good ball to ALEXANDER MILLER who turned and shot from the right hand side inside the box into the left hand bottom corner in of the far post .Half way through the half and Kieran Anderson lobbed the defence for Miller to run on to but was adjudged to have been offside . A minute later Miller set up his strike partner Alexander Murray who’s shot went just over . On 39 minutes it was all most 2-0 when Anderson played Miller through and from a tight right hand angle he put it past the advancing Fotheringham in the Lochee goals but Millar got back to clear off the line . The second goal did come on 40 minutes when Ross Nimmo was fouled 25 yards out wide right and Kieran Anderson floated a great free kick into the box for NICHOLAS LOCKE to send his glancing header into the far left hand corner .

Lochee had an opportunity two minutes into the second half when they received a free kick 20 yards out and central to the goals but Grant Lawson fired the kick into the defensive wall and the danger was cleared . On 54 minutes Donoghue done well to smother the ball with Connor Brise bearing down on goal . A minute later Alexander Miller went on a run down the right cut inside and his shot was saved at the second attempt by Fotheringham . Logan Davie was unlucky not to get onto a ball played over the top of the home defence but it was just to hard and Donoghue gathered the ball easily . A minute later Broxburn trebled their lead with Locke doing well down the left then cutting the ball across to the on running ALEXANDER MILLER  who could not miss from six yards out in front of goal .The captain then sent Anderson away clear down the left but his shot was saved . Lochee mounted an attack on 70 minutes which Gordon Donaldson defused with ease and cleared the danger .  Anderson saw an effort saved again on 73 minutes . Substitute Reece Ritchie thought he had scored but Donoghue managed to tip the ball over the bar at full stretch . With eleven minutes left Alexander Murray done well to get past the defence but under pressure his shot found the side net . A minute later Ritchie turned and shot at the other end but his shot shaved the left hand post . With time running down Anderson ran  through the defence before setting up Miller who shot over .One last chance in the last minute when Locke played through to Anderson but he saw his effort saved .

Liam Magee

Camelon Juniors v Broxburn Athletic

CAMELON.           4.  Crawford  (2) ,Docherty , Sneddon


Camelon     Shaw , McRoary , Devlin , Morrison Lockie , Skinner , Duncan , Herron , Crawford , Cameron (Sneddon 67m) , Docherty  (Donaldson 71m)   subs  Small , Stewart , McInnes

Referee  Mr K.Hall   assistants Mr K.Kennedy  and Mr D Robertson

The hosts showed their intent as early as the second minute when a ball into the box found Ross Crawford at the back of the box but he shot over the bar . The opening goal came not long after on six minutes when a long ball down the left found Alan Docherty and he ran on and squared the ball across the box to the supporting ROSS CRAWFORD who had the easiest of chances to turn the ball into the empty net . Crawford got into the box again three minutes later but with Ross Cameron getting on the end of it Connor Wallace saved his attempt at goal . Darren Downie done well to bring the ball down on the edge of the box and lay it off to Alexander Murray who saw his shot well saved . A throw in on eleven minutes from Jack Beasley found Alexander Miller who turned and shot but Dean Shaw tipped the ball over the bar . Alan Docherty saw his free kick on 20 minutes go just over the bar . A couple of minutes later Broxburn had a let off when a ball into the box was scrambled clear but Beasley’s attempt to clear all most end up in his own goal but came of the bar and away from the danger area . Camelon smelt blood and almost doubled their lead on 23 minutes when a ball across the box from left to right found Crawford at the back post but he could not find the target and his attempt went out for a bye kick . Half way through the half Ross Nimmo put a ball across from the left but Downie’s shot was saved . Nimmo himself had a shot blocked 1 minute later . Ross Cameron shaved the bar with a 30 yard effort just before the half hour mark . Miller and Nimmo combined well to set up a chance which was just beyond their team mates as the ball sailed across the box . Alan Docherty got down the left hand side on a counter attack and got into the box before shooting which Wallace saved by pushing the ball round his left hand post for a corner . The corner came in and found ALAN DOCHERTY who fired home with the help of a slight deflection . On 37 minutes a long ball was knocked back out the Camelon box and landed at Miller’s feet but his shot went wide right of the goal . With a Minute left of the half Nimmo put a ball into Murray who under pressure from two defender’s shot over the bar .

Camelon sealed the points three minutes into the second half when a ball into the box bounced past the defence and found ROSS CRAWFORD who slid the ball under the advancing Wallace . With an hour gone Miller put a ball out right to Beasley who’s shot went just over the bar . Ross Nimmo made a good run through the centre of the Camelon defence but his shot in the end went just over the bar . On 69 minutes a ball across the box was cut out by Wallace before Valentine stepped in to clear the danger . With twenty minutes remaining Andrew Gillen and Alexander Murray carved open a chance with Murray’s shot well saved by Shaw . The game was truly over on 72 minues when Valentine lost the ball midway inside his own half allowing Jordan Herron to run in on goal but his shot was saved but unfortunately for the visitors the ball broke to ALAN SNEDDON who scored easily . Broxburn could have got a consolation with five minutes remaining when Jack Beasley’s free kick from 30 yards out on the right crashed of the left hand post and bounced away from the danger area . A minute later a corner into the box was met by the head of Miller but it went wide right .

Kennoway Star Hearts v Broxburn Athletic



Kennoway Star Hearts    Paterson , Craig , Johnstone , Rolland , Brewster , C.Gay , M.Gay (McGowan 45m) , Muir , Band , Collins , Bryce , subs , Browne , Strachan , Doig

Referee  Mr B.Reid  assistants   Mr G.Kelly , Mr K. Gibson

Kennoway kicked off up the slope and it was on 4 minutes they created the first chance when Lee Bryce got down the left and crossed into the box where Mathew Gay met it with his head but was off target . Broxburn had their first good chance when Ewan Herriot put a ball in to Alexander Murray who turned and shot just wide of the right hand post . Quarter of an hour gone and Bryce and Collins combined to put a dangerous ball into the box but Grant Gavin cleared the danger . A corner on 18 minutes caused mayhem in the visitors box but they eventually cleared the danger . A minute later Broxburn should have gone in front . Scott Richards played in Alexander Murray on the left who squared to Alexander Miller who with the goal gaping some how screwed his shot wide right of the target .A couple of minutes later Murray and Miller combined to carve out a chance but the latters shot was deflected for a corner . Half way through the half Miller was brought down a couple of yards outside the box and Kieran Anderson sent in a wicked free kick which Robbie Paterson saved well . Miller cut a ball across the box a few minutes later but was behind his three team mates and the chance was gone . Scott Richards scorned a chance when lifting the ball over the bar from 18 yards out . Good play later saw Richards having a shot that was well saved at the expense of a corner . The corner came in and Gavin’s header back along the box found no takers to turn the ball goalwards . The opener did come on 35 minutes when Kieran Anderson sent in a free kick to the back left of the box where it was headed down for SCOTT RICHARDS  to prod home into the bottom left hand corner from 4 yards out . Miller got down the right three minutes later and his  ball into the box found Murray but his shot went over the bar . With four minutes left a free kick into the visitors box was cleared out and it found James Collins who tried a shot from 35 yards out that went just over the bar .A minute to go in the half and the industrious Craig Johnstone got down the right and his cross into the box found Dylan Muir who headed the ball wide of the target .

Four minutes into the second half Anderson played across to Miller who’s shot was saved by Paterson . Just before the hour mark a free kick out on the left was played in to the box and when it was knocked out Chris Gay tried a snap shot from 35 yards out that sailed over the bar . Kennoway got on level terms when a cross ball from the left eluded everyone and the unmarked CHRISTOPHER GAY gathered at the back of the six yard box before firing home . On 75 minutes a long through ball found Bryce clear but his attempt to lob Shaun Donoghue  went just past the right hand post . Broxburn took the lead again two minutes later when Craig Scott lofted a ball over the defence and a determined KIERAN ANDERSON got on the end of it before lobbing the keeper into the net despite the best efforts of the home defence . .With five minutes to go Anderson was shown a shocking second yellow card when throwing the ball over his shoulder it caught his heel before going under the barrier .The referee deemed that as kicking the ball away incredibly and issued a second yellow which ended his contribution . The home side smelt blood and with a minute remaining they got back on level terms when a quick throw in caught the visitors napping and DYLAN MUIR ran through on goal before putting the ball past Donoghue into the far right bottom corner . In injury time the home side almost got the winner when a corner into the box was cleared out but only found Liam Craig 25 yards out who’s rocket shot was destined for the bottom right hand corner but for the great save from Donoghue who turned it round for a corner .

Forfar West End v Broxburn Athletic

Forfar West End. 1   McKenzie

Broxburn Athletic 2  Murray (2)

Forfar West End  Burns , Ogg (C.Walls 84m) , D.Robertson , George , Rae (Hart 71m ) , G.Robertson , Van Der Kuhl , McKenzie , Montgomery , Petrie , Reynolds (Stephen 65m)  subs A.Walls , Simpson

Referee  Mr S.Leslie     Assistants Mr M.Crichton  , Miss A Hendry

Broxburn started  brightly and in the opening minute Alexander Murray and Ross Nimmo worked a good one two with Nimmo’s effort being deflected for a corner . On eight minutes The home side broke away with Montgomery passing through the defence intended for Reynolds but the pass was too strong and Shaun Donoghue gathered easily . A minute later the visitors were awarded a free kick 23 yards out after a foul on Nimmo but the free kick was crashed off the defensive wall . The home side took the lead on 13 minutes with counter attacking football Robbie George sped down the left hand side beyond the chasing defence and when in the box he squared it across the six yard box to DARYL McKENZIE who slotted home unchallenged from six yards out at the back right hand post . Broxburn got on level terms half way through the half when a Scot Richards corner to the edge of the box and found Alexander Miller who’s goal ward header was met by the head of ALEXANDER MURRAY who steered the ball away from the keeper into the top left hand corner . Just after the half hour mark Scott Richards was unlucky to see his shot shave the outside of the left hand post . Nicholas Locke made a good run down the right hand side on 33 minutes and his cross into the box was scrambled clear by the home defence under pressure . On 38 minutes Murray turned and shot but Darryl Burns saved well . On the break away Townsley got back to block an effort from Mathew Reynolds . The visitors took the lead on 40 minutes when a ball through to ALEXANDER MURRAY who’s determination got the better of both defender and goalkeeper to slide the ball into the empty net .  A minute later Locke got down the right hand side again and an excellent ball into the box was saved by Burns .

Two minutes into the second half and a corner played in found Miller who laid it off to Chris Townsley who shot over the bar . On fifty minutes good play down the right by miller saw Burns at his best to cut out the cross . Before the hour mark Miller tried to play in his strike partner Murray but was just too strong with the pass and it went out for a bye kick . Thirty three minutes gone and Broxburn played the ball down the right with Miller’s cross being turned behind for a corner . The corner came in and Miller saw his shot well saved by Burns before his defence cleared for a throw in .From the throw in Kieran Anderson got the ball and made room before shooting to which Burns again saved and kept his side in the game . Three quarters of the game gone and Murray put a great ball through to Anderson but the advancing keeper again saved his side . Nicholas Locke got down the right again two minutes later but his cross was dealt with by the defence . Locke saw an attempt at goal on 72 minutes go well wide of the target . Alexander Murray laid the ball off to Scott Richards who in turn laid it back to the striker who’s shot went over the bar . Anderson made a good run into the box with 12 minutes left but his shot hit the side netting . Gordon Donaldson sent a pass through to Anderson who’s shot was just wide right of the target from the left hand side . Miller saw a header from a long ball into the box easily saved with seven minutes left . Forfar should have equalised on 85 minutes when Montgomery’s cross field pass from left to the back right of the box found Marc Van Der Kuhl but he rushed his shot and sent   it very wide right of goals .Miller created a chance with two minutes left and ran across the box before seeing shot turned behind for a corner . Broxburn pressed for more goals right to the end with a lengthy injury time due to the bad injury to Forfar’s David Rae but no more goals were forthcoming . We wish David a speedy recovery from what looks a nasty injury and he will be back playing soon . A comfortable win today and one to build on going into the remainder of the season starting with a trip to Kennoway Star next week .

Linlithgow Rose v Broxburn Ath

Linlithgow Rose       4    Gavin og , Coyne pen , Strickland , MacKenzie

Broxburn Athletic      1    Murray

Linlithgow Rose   Hill , Whelan (Shields 9m) , MacKenzie , Thom , Leiper ,Sloan , Ronald , Maclennan , Strickland , Coyne , Smith ( Urquhart 70m) , subs Devine , Carlin , Gray

Referee   Mr D. Williams   assistants  Mr C .Hobbs , Mr R. Struthers

Broxburn almost took the lead in four minutes when  Kieran Anderson got on the end of a long ball and was through on goal ,he rounded the keeper but his shot from tight angle on the left was cleared of the line by the defender who had got back to cover his keeper . A minute later Nimmo had a shot from inside the box from a corner floated in but his shot went wide and high . On Nine minutes Tommy Coyne got the better of Gillen on the left and got to the bye line before cutting back to Colin Strickland who shot wide right of the goals . Coyne turned and shot from the edge of the 18 yards box and Wallace took two attempts to grasp the ball on 14 minutes . Coyne was getting down the left at will and a minute later cut inside and shot from a tight angle which Wallace turned behind for a corner .  The opening goal came a minute later on 17 minutes when a through in down the right was played in an attempted clearance by Scott went across the goals and GRANT GAVIN turned the ball into the net past his own keeper from a yard out . With 26 minutes gone Colin Strickland saw his shot blocked well by Gordon Donaldson and cleared up the park . At the other end ,almost immediately Kieran Anderson saw his shot blocked . On the half hour mark Nicholas Locke and Alexander Murray linked up well and created a chance but were thwarted by the Rose defence who stepped in and turned the ball behind for a corner . A minute later Scott Richards played a good ball down the left for Murray who’s shot was saved .  With three minutes left of the half Coyne and Strickland played a good one two cutting open the visiting defence with Coyne’s shot coming off the bar . Linlithgow took a two goal lead in at half time thanks to a penalty when Strickland was deemed to have been brought down by Connor Wallace in the box and TOMMY COYNE scored from the spot kick into the bottom left hand corner .

Three minutes into the second half and  Broxburn got back in the game when ALEXANDER MURRAY turned and shot past hill into the bottom right hand corner .  . Murray had another attempt two minutes later but his shot went wide left .Two minutes later at the other end Colin Strickland set up Ruari Maclennan  but he shot wide and high . Linlithgow restored their two goal advantage on the hour mark when a corner in from the left found the unmarked COLIN STRICKLAND who’s attempt found the back of the net despite the efforts of Nimmo on the line . Broxburn’s chances of stage any come back were dealt a blow on 65 minutes when Ross Nimmo was sent off for a second yellow card after a rash tackle on the half way line . Darren Smith, five minutes later , was through on goal but Connor Wallace saved . Tommy Coyne hit the wood work for the second time when his shot came off the bar . The final scoring came on 80 minutes when  a ball over the top of the stretched visiting defence  saw Strickland advance on goal and he squared the ball just inside the box to the on running JAMIE MacKENZIE  who made no mistake in securing the points . Not a good day from all involved and we need to improve if we are not to let the season peter out in disappointing displays .

Broxburn Athletic v Penicuik Athletic



Penicuik Ath  Cordery , Forbes , Baptie , Young , Hamilton , Connoly , MacDonald (Jones 63m) , Irving , Sampson , Katelza , Ponton

subs  Sinclair , Allison

Referee Mr D. Smith  assitants  Mr K. Kennedy   , Mr  E, McLean

Broxburn started the game well enough and created chances .In the second minute Alexander Murray played a one two with Alexander Miller with the latter’s shot being gathered at the second attempt by the keeper . .Penicuik had a short  corner in six minutes and after a one two the ball was played in to the back of the box where Andrew Forbes headed wide of the right hand post . On the quarter hour mark Ross Nimmo put a great ball into Miller who’s header went wide but was adjudged to have been offside . A minute later Kyle Sampson found time to turn and shoot but it went over the bar . Miller turned the ball back to Anderson 20 yards out but the shot was weak and the keeper saved easily .Approaching half way through the half Miller put the ball out to Nimmo on the right his ball across the box was just beyond Murray coming in at the back post . A minute later a ball played into the back post found John MacDonald who shot into the side netting . Poor distribution by Wallace almost let the visitors in but the defence rallied and cleared the danger .The opening goal did come a minute later though when a ball played over the home defence found LUMBERT KATALEZA who fired home from inside the six yard box . From the restart Nimmo went down the right before Baptie brought him down earning a yellow card . Anderson’s free kick into the box was good enough but not takers .Just past the half hour mark good play with Anderson to Nimmo then found Miller who shot weakly wide right . \\\\\anderson played a good cross field pass to Nimmo who in turn played a good ball into the box to Murray but before Murray could control the defence stepped in to clear On 34 minutes a good ball in almost caught wallaace out and he had to tip over for a corner . Penicuik doubled their lead two minutes later when a ball into the box was cleared out and it found JOHN MacDONALD 25 yards out who fired a rocket into the top left hand corner . Penicuik almost made it three with five minutes of the half remaining when Ewan Herriot misjudged  an attempt to clear the ball it found Arran Patton who laid it off to Kyle Sampson who made room but shot wide right .

The second half started quietly and the first opportunity came on 56 minutes when Murray saw a shot spilled for a corner and from the corner Miller shot over the bar . Penicuik had an other chance when a ball was played into the box but was cleared for a corner .The corner came in but was cleared out the box it was then fired goal ward by MacDonald but Wallace punched the ball clear it only went as far as KYLE SAMPSON who fired home through a crowded box into the net . Two minutes later Wallace punched clear again and MacDonald tried an ambitious overhead kick that went wide left .Broxburn got a goal back with quarter of the game remaining when Murray put ALEXANDER MILLER though on goals but despite the attendance of defenders and keeper he squeezed the ball home to give his side a life line .The visitors were reduced to ten men when Ryan Baptie received a second yellow card For yet another foul on Nimmo . A minute later Gordon Donaldson was looking for a penalty but was booked for simulation . Penicuik went further ahead on 67 minutes when Nicholas Locke was robbed of the ball half way inside his own half and a one two later KYLE SAMPSON  was able to turn and fire past Wallace . Broxburn still tried to get back into the game and a good ball into the box by Anderson but it was headed clear of the danger area . Murray saw an effort saved on 82 minutes .Two late goals turned this into a more than convincing result  The fifth came after the home defence was carved open and despite the  efforts of the defence on the line   DARREL YOUNG scrambled the ball over the line .With the last kick of the ball they made it six when a ball over the top found substitute SAMUEL JONES get beyond the defence to beat Wallace from 12 yards out . Not a good day with a very depleted squad hopefully injuries and sickness clears up before next Saturdays match at Linlithgow Rose



Follow us online